Audio Visual Design Engineer Cincinnati, OH
Audio Visual Design Engineer
Department: Design & Engineering
Job Role: Design Engineer-Solution Architect
Employment Type: Full-Time
Full Job Description
We are seeking to expand our AV Engineering team with the addition of a new DE (Design Engineer). The ideal candidate must be knowledgeable in advanced Audiovisual systems to include Unified Communications, Video Walls, Processing, Control, and Audio. The AV Design Engineer will provide fully designed systems to include Bill of Materials (BoM), Estimated Labor hours, and line drawings to our sales team and project managers. The DE Candidate will design complex audio-visual systems from start to completion with client acceptance.
The position will be in our Headquarters office in Hebron KY. The position will also allow work to be conducted remotely from the candidate’s home office from time to time. The position includes traveling to customer sites throughout OH, IN, KY. As an Design Engineer, the ideal candidate will need excellent communication and customer service skills, combined with a technically sound understanding many of the following: Barco, Christie, Planar, Direct View LED, Cisco, Zoom, Microsoft, Crestron, Extron, Biamp, QSC, Clear one, and other AV products. CCTV, Access Control solutions, Paging and Intercom, Door Entry systems. We are looking for a design engineer with at least 3 years of hands-on experience designing AV solutions.
What else will you be doing?
- Designing AV, BICSI Layer-1, Physical Security, and other related Signal Flows.
- Using AutoCAD or Visio to create AV Design diagrams (D-Tools a plus)
- Creating Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Creating Labor estimates,
- Review of design Quotes.
- Meeting with customers to help understand solution requests.
- Provide accurate job costs for design build projects in conjunction with the sales team.
- Provide accurate measurements and calculations to support AV system designs.
- Provide a detailed material list and account for all job costs associated with Design Quotes being presented to customers.
- Create accurate project estimation from a needs analysis or set of bid documents which typically consists of a set of job drawings and specification books.
- Create submittal and installation documentation that is required of a given project.
- Produce all system drawings and documentation that is required of the project, including but not limited to one-line documents, rack elevations, BOM, Change Orders, RFI’s, O&M manuals, close-out documentation, and as-built documentation and drawings.
- Maintain a positive customer interaction throughout each job and perform work with the best interest of the company.
- Review & understand SOWs and project contracts to determine the time to deliver, allotment of available and required internal and/or third-party resources to various phases of the project (people and dollars).
Education and Knowledge
- CTS or ability to achieve within 2 months of employment.
- BICSI member and education level
- SIA member
- Strong aptitude and desire to learn AV design and systems engineering.
- Strong work ethic, drive, and aptitude.
We strive to create an environment for our employees where people truly love to go to work every day because they feel respected, challenged, and valued. We live and breathe our core values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Only full-time employees eligible
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Cincinnati Ohio metro area- remote
Encore Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.