AV CAD Engineer
100% remote work
POSITION OVERVIEW: The CAD Engineer plays a central role in providing CAD designs and documentation to the Design Engineering and Field Team. This position will also play a crucial role in pre and post-sales opportunities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to understand Architectural and Electrical drawings
- Process job packages for Field Engineering.
- Update existing field redlined drawings for As-Built Deliverables.
- Work with Pre and Post sales engineering to generate detailed drawings, customer drawings, and assembly/installation instruction sheets.
- Prepare design specifications, elevations, analysis, and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- Create and modify detailed drawings from sketches, architectural plans, layouts, or notes provided by pre/post-sales engineering.
- Review all AV drawings and designs to ensure adherence to company and industry standards.
- Support other departments with illustrations, rendered models, and other documents as requested.
- Assist engineering in working with vendors and inspect SOW(s) / BOM(s) to create High Level (HLD) and Low-Level Design (LLD) drawings.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- 10% Travel Ability Nationwide
- A high level of customer centricity
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to diverse team members
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced/high-volume environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional Critical Thinking skills
- Detail Oriented- a high level of attention to detail is required
- A high level of time management, accountability, and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and driven to accomplish department goals
- Ability to be organized, problem-solve, and be solution-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- CTS – General, Preferred- (Certifications)
WORK ENVIRONMENT/ EXPERIENCE:
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated
- When working on-site, will be required to wear common protective safety equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats
- 5+ years’ experience in collaboration or Audio-Visual Integration
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Proficient in the latest versions of AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and MS Visio
- Preferred Certification: Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)
Nor-Com Inc is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment and pre-employment drug screen.