Designer – Native Applications Louisville, KY
Job Summary The Native Applications Designer will have a deep understanding of both the Apple Human Interface & Google Material Design concepts. The successful applicant will have a proven track record of designing iOS and Android applications from scratch and adding new features to an already successful application. They will spend their day working with other designers, product managers, and developers to create mockups and implementation concepts.
- Design and create user-focused UX/UI journeys for iOS and Android Applications
- Ability to communicate design concepts through user experience design deliverables, including wireframes, flowcharts, information architecture. style guides and prototypes
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and other design team members on all phases of the product lifecycle.
- Build and understand Personas and Use Cases for iOS & Android
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Handle coordination of design tasks through Confluence and Jira
- Knowledgeable in Material Design and Human Interface Guidelines
- Have an understanding and passion for online wagering
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree Preferred, 2 years higher education or work experience substitute.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with user interface design and native applications that have shipped to market.
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing your design process, and your UX, UI, and visual design work for mobile, desktop TV, and web. Provide links to applications and websites you have helped the ship to market.
- Advanced understanding of new technologies and best practices in website navigation, browsers, mobile patterns, information architecture, and usability
- Proficient in design and prototyping tools – Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision. Zeplin, or similar.
- Experience designing and supporting digital products inside an Agile environment using human-centered design principles, methods, and problem-solving strategies
- Experience in UI animation a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly influencing and listening skills
- Flexible, versatile, and able to cope well under pressure
- Excellent time management skills
- Show usage of own initiative
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere, collaborating with copywriters, designers, architects, developers, and the product team
3 years: Interface design and native applications shipped to market