Desktop Support Cincinnati, OH
Encore Technologies has been named one of the fastest-growing companies and Tech Company of the Year by the Cincinnati Business Courier. We are a comprehensive IT support provider focused on solving business challenges with innovative solutions. Our mission is to serve as a long-term trusted advisor to help develop and support our customer’s strategic and transformative initiatives.
- Onsite in Cincinnati OH
The work schedule: The days will vary but the hours are 5:30 pm- 5:30 am (3 days of/3 days off)
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated
Job Description The Desktop Support Technician will be primarily responsible for supporting Windows systems and resolving specialized software and hardware issues. Duties include administration and troubleshooting of highly specialized software in use by client departments. Duties also include general technical consulting, account creation and user provisioning, and contribution to other IT projects. The technician will monitor multiple ticketing systems and resolve issues and escalate as needed. This position may require travel from site to site, sometimes on short notice. The ideal candidate will always carry themselves in a professional manner and be willing to go the extra mile for our clients. The candidate must strive to constantly learn new technologies.
- Three years experience in hardware and software support and troubleshooting preferred.
- AS degree in a related technical field or industry certification (A+, MCSA, or similar).
- Strong familiarity with Windows 10, Active Directory, GPO, NTFS Permissions, and Windows OS troubleshooting and resolution.
- Computer and peripheral break-fix support skills
- Knowledge and understanding of networking concepts.
- Excellent customer service skills both in person and over the phone.
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision. Ability to take urgent breaks/fix service calls and handle stressful situations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to document new issues in a cohesive manner.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
Encore Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support our workforce’s diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences.