Title: Field Technician
Responsible for the installation of AV/IT technology integration systems (AV, Data Network, Access Control, Video Surveillance, Intrusion, Central Sound, Video Distribution, CATV). The technician is responsible for installing the products in the most efficient and effective manner. All installations must meet the highest quality according to industry standards and set forth by Nor-Com, while assuring a professional and safe working environment.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of Audio Visual and/or IT equipment.
2. Read schematic/drawing.
3. Ability to perform intermediate network troubleshooting procedures.
4. Demonstrate general problem-solving skills.
5. Properly secure, store, transport, and preserve company AV/IT equipment.
6. Terminate various industry standard wiring (Category 6, XLR, TRS, Phoenix).
7. Pulling of electronic cable.
8. Responsible for the basic wiring and installation of hardware.
9. Responsible for the operation of cable testing equipment.
10. Meet installation deadlines.
11. Responsible for accurate tracking on time sheets, service/installation tickets and inventory items.
12. Full compliance with company’s and customer’s safety program.
13. Operation of power tools.
14. Maintain reliable transportation.
15. Other duties as required or assigned by company management.
The Technician will be accountable to the Operations Manager and Project Coordinator. Secondary accountability will be to the other management team members, employees, and customers of the company.
The Technician shall possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Intermediate technical knowledge of audio, video, integration systems, computer and networking equipment is desired.
Out of town travel required.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2. Must be responsible, self-motivated, self-starter, personable and well-organized.
3. Superior customer service skills to deal with both internal and external customers.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Flexible hours sometimes required.
6. Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work with diverse groups.
7. Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
8. Ability to demonstrate planning, organizing, and implementing skills which allow the successful completion of a project by a specific due date.
9. Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations.
10. Must be able to read and effectively interpret general business documentation.
11. Valid and current driver’s license.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
1. Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit, and use hands and fingers.
2. Some lifting of objects is required. (50lbs without assistance)
3. Reaching, grasping, and carrying activities also required.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.
Encore Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.