Network Architect Lousiville, KY
Network Architect Job Details Description
- 100% onsite in Louisville KY
The Network Architect is responsible for the design, standardization, documentation, implementation, and troubleshooting of the enterprise network infrastructure. They will also support the network needs of the company’s production Data Centers and support the 24×7 nature of the business through a rotation-based on-call assignment. This position will be required to be customer-facing and able to troubleshoot various issues with customers and vendors. Some travel is required. The Network Architect is distinguished by and tasked with leading the engineering team by example, particularly in the areas of creating, designing, and setting standards, documenting those standards in diagrams, IPAM, ITAM/CMDB, documents, Wiki, and other formats; planning and leading the implementation of IT infrastructure projects; planning and designing improvements of existing network infrastructure, and supporting the other network engineers in their tasks and troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Obtain business and application requirements relevant to network design from business stakeholders.
- Translate business and application requirements into technical strategy, standards, and design of the enterprise network.
- Ensure the successful and continued operation of the company’s network infrastructure
- Work on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Represent the Network Team by partnering with technical ICs and leaders from other teams.
- Manage vendor relationships, particularly carriers and gear providers.
- Analyze and present new technologies. Implement POCs through to successful completion. Recommend new technologies based on research and successful POCs.
- Provide leadership and escalations for change and incident bridges
- When called upon by escalation, investigate network issues and bring to resolution within stated SLA parameters
- When called upon by escalation, provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to the operations team and customers upon request
- Provide technical leadership (both verbal and written) for Incident and Change Management
- Participate in on-call rotation for incident management and escalation
- Monitor and report on the overall design, health, and strategy of the network infrastructure on a regular basis.
- Communicate often and clearly with the most senior technical and non-technical business leaders about networking matters affecting the business.
- Firewall, routing, WAN, LAN, OOB, and SDWAN planning.
- Plan and execute changes to the network infrastructure
- Network Equipment Inventory Management.
- IP asset management for RFC 1918 networks as well as public address spaces.
- Manage all carrier circuits for the enterprise.
- Gather, develop, design, and compile drawings, diagrams, and documentation for all locations within the enterprise.
- Ensure that network management application databases and CMDB tools are updated and maintained correctly.
- Proactively address business process issues regarding networks through network architecture design, development, and implementation as well as business process re-engineering
- Ensure that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- 4-year degree in IT/IS or other closely related disciplines; may consider experience and certifications for the degree requirement.
- CCNP or CCDP required.
- Extensive experience and proficiency in using network drawing and diagramming software tools.
- Wide-ranging analytical skills, for translating business requirements into standards and designs.
- Minimum 7 years of experience implementing/managing WAN circuits.
- Minimum 7 years managing LANs, WANs, switching, routing, and firewalling in large enterprise environments
- Minimum 7 years of experience using network analysis, management, and performance monitoring tools to plan for growth, diagnose problems and determine the source.
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing comprehensive projects in a complex networking environment.
- Proficient in multiple routing protocols, including but not limited to eBGP, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, and EIGRP.
- The network architect should be the most meticulous and detail-oriented person on the team.
- Position located in Louisville, KY (in-office full time) with occasional reporting to various other sites in the Louisville, KY area.
- Travel 6-12 times per year to remote sites outside KY.
- Ability to work a 24×7 on-call rotation.
- Ability to work certain night/weekend shifts on an as-needed basis for major infrastructure changes.
- CCIE Preferred
- ITIL Foundations Certified
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- Five or more recent years of experience configuring, monitoring, and managing Palo Alto Firewalls, F5 Load Balancers, Cisco WAN/LAN switching & routing products, various WiFi products, OOB network management solutions, and data center design and management
- Advanced knowledge of routing, including BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP
- Advanced knowledge of switching, including CIOS, CIOS-XE, NX-OS; VSS, vPC, port-channel, IGMP, complex VLAN design, ARP, etc.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux-based platforms is desirable
- Knowledge of VMware and virtualization technologies is desirable
Encore Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.