Platform Engineer – Cloud Infrastructure Louisville, KY
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Platform Engineer is a key role in interfacing with developers, technical and business leaders to create innovative solutions that meet business goals and objectives. Core competencies for this position are focused on process automation, solution design, and operational support.
Key responsibilities for this role include service design, management, and support of AWS Cloud infrastructure, CI/CD pipeline, and performance engineering.
- Engineering, designing, and supporting automated, self-healing cloud-based solutions for business applications.
- Foster innovation and solutions for infrastructure automation, application delivery, and related processes.
- Design, manage and support CI/CD pipeline.
- Run capacity and performance testing to determine scaling and utilization parameters for various service tiers. Collect and analyze performance data, summarize results, and prepare presentations of results for review and baselining.
- Collaboratively work with development teams to prevent or solve functional and performance issues. Work with teams to facilitate automation of the release process, while ensuring correct access controls and securing applications.
- Monitoring test/dev and production environments.
- Identify and troubleshoot incidents when they arise and see them through resolution.
- Work with project teams in order to meet deadlines.
- An appropriate level of documentation for all projects, RCAs, and daily tasks.
- Experience in designing, deploying, and supporting on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure running high-volume transactional applications
- Expertise with Linux administration and deployments in large environments
- Experience deploying and supporting configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with Nginx or Apache web servers
- Experience with Agile and other software development methodologies
- Ability to implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment services
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems, infrastructure services, and network-related technologies
- Team player with excellent communication and relationship skills – verbal and written
- Strong experience with the following:
- Communication planning
- Issue management
- Risk management
- Planning processes
- Project scheduling
- Good to have experience with:
- Working experience with APM tools ( preferably NewRelic)
- Working experience with load testing tools such as JMeter, Locust, and Cloud Test
- Mandatory rotating on-call schedule