The Remote Support Desk / Production technician will join Nor-Com to provide L1/L2 remote support for customers on a wide array of technologies as well as perform in house rack building and device configuration. This individual’s primary responsibility will be to handle help desk style L1/L2 remotes support tickets and escalating them to the correct person when advanced support or a field dispatch is needed. Other responsibilities include timely production of all racks, basic device configuration, and documentation of all device configuration info. The ideal individual will grow into this role as proficiency in all systems will be required. Supported solutions include but are not limited to: access control, CCTV, control systems, DSP, network, and phone systems.
- Provide remote troubleshooting and apply corrective actions for customers with a Remote Support Agreement.
- Escalate tickets to the proper party when issue cannot be resolved remotely or requires a specialist’s attention.
- Promote NOR-COM’s products and services while supporting our customers.
- Provide internal support for our technicians as needed.
- Coordinates activities regularly with others in the technical operations department to ensure rack production is completed before the pre-defined deadline.
- Perform any in house bench testing of equipment brought in from service and working with manufacturer tech support to obtain an RMA when required.
- Assists with trade show and other group sales and team marketing efforts as needed. Actively participates in professional trade organizations such as ASIS, BOMA, IFMA, AVIXA/INFOCOMM, etc.
- Works to ensure that NOR-COM is fairly compensated for all work including that performed outside contractual obligations. Assists with account collection issues as requested.
- Performs accurate device counts and prices jobs to maximize profit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ prior AV or IT support experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to quickly learn new software platforms.
- Ability to travel to and inspect job sites, and visit customer locations as needed.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service.
- Familiar with data bases and proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 or greater.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel, including upper management.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Attention to detail.
Encore Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.