Security Architect Cincinnati, Ohio
Encore Technologies is seeking a Security Architect to join our team in Cincinnati, OH! This is a salaried position that includes competitive compensation and a strong benefits package.
Encore Technologies is a customer-centric provider of comprehensive IT solutions. We specialize in Data Center Infrastructure, Managed Services, Professional Services & Staffing, Cloud Computing, Networking & Collaboration, Cybersecurity, DevOps & Automation, and Apple services. At Encore, we are committed to building a long and enduring relationship with our employees and creating an environment that rewards and empowers. Our mission is to constantly exceed our employees’ expectations in the same way that we strive to exceed our clients’ expectations. We offer an environment that celebrates innovation and helps you to achieve a good balance between your professional and personal life. We strive to be an employer of choice!
- Security Architect will perform as the SME and manage security project implementation activities for our customers.
- The SME ensures customer network security implementations are completed on-time and within budget
- Works closely with sales and engineering resources to ensure implemented solutions match the intended solution design and conveys any discrepancies or suggested enhancements to the Solutions Architect prior to the final review.
- Proactively assesses solutions and current trends taking into account changing customer requirements
- Collaborates with sales, solution, and engineering resources to ensure implemented projects accurately address customer needs
- Develops post-sale implementation guides and documentation for knowledge transfer
- Coordinates closely with pre-sales engineering resources for solution design and implementation services
- Proactively pursues key certifications in areas relative to the company’s current product specializations
- Identifies additional network and security related opportunities with Encore’s customers.
- 5+ years of network engineering /implementation / support / troubleshooting experience
- Must have 3+ years of experience in Palo Alto/Cisco ASA/Firewall designs and implementation in medium to large environments
- Must have an active CCNP in Security, CCIE Security is a big plus
- PCNSE is a big plus
- Experience demonstrating analytical and problem-solving skills
- In-depth understanding of security design criteria and security standards
- Hands-on in-depth knowledge of Cisco ASA, Firepower, AMP, FTD
- Hands-on in-depth knowledge of Palo Alto NG firewalls, including Traps and Panorama
- Experience implementing authentication technologies such as Cisco ACS and Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Knowledge of Cisco Umbrella, AMP for endpoints, StealthWatch
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with Cisco Nexus series devices
- Excellent understanding of interconnection and troubleshooting techniques for LAN hardware to include switches, routers, and WAPs.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- CCNP Security
- Network certifications/experience with Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Fortinet, F5, Blue Coat, Infoblox, and/or Juniper.
- Security certifications: CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, SANS (GIAC, etc.), CEH (or other EC-COUNCIL), OSCP (or other Offensive Security) AWS Certified Security Specialist, Azure Security Engineer Associate, Professional Cloud Security Engineer and/or ISACA CISM.
Some quick facts about working at Encore, and the benefits our employees enjoy:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Coverage
- 401k Savings Plan with 100% company match
- 11 Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Certification/Test Fee Reimbursement
- A flexible work environment with great work/life balance (<10% travel)
- A team made up of like-minded individuals who are all aligned toward the common goal of identifying and executing on best in class solutions
- A dynamic working environment that fosters growth
- Working on highly visible projects with direct access to business and technology leadership
Visit our website to learn more about Encore Technologies and find out why Business Courier ranked us the 2019 Tech Company of the Year. https://encore.tech/ Encore Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.