Security Lead Technician Hebron, KY
Security Lead Technician
POSITION OVERVIEW: The AV Lead Technician is responsible for diagnosing and repairing various types of Security, Access Control, CCTV, and IT-related systems. This position requires thinking independently and working within the specified guidelines with minimal supervision.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to lead small to large-scale projects including new construction.
- Assumes the responsibility of leading a team of technicians on large-scale build-outs
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Reporting accurately daily to the assigned project manager
- Analyze and interpret system drawings
- Perform installation, adjustment, and operation of security equipment such as Surveillance Cameras, Card Readers, electronic locks, power supplies, and controllers.
- Cable management above ceilings, under tables, and within racks
- Install and terminate various types of cabling connections (CAT6, phoenix connectors, soldering, etc.)
- Perform hardware upgrades to components.
- Ability to work with a remote system programmer to load and diagnose interfaces.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, addressing, firewalls, routers, VLANs, and VPN
- Comfortable and able to communicate with customers on any level.
- Ability to train and educate customers on installed equipment and receive a final sign-off from the customer showing job completion.
- Compile and submit all project-related deliverables including redlining CAD documents.
- 30% Travel Ability Regionally
- A high level of customer centricity
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to diverse team members
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced/high-volume environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional Critical Thinking skills
- Detail Oriented- a high level of attention to detail is required
- A high level of time management, accountability, and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and driven to accomplish department goals
- Ability to be organized, problem-solve, and be solution-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated
- When working on-site, will be required to wear common PPE, such as safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats
Experience and Education:
- 4+ years’ experience in Low Voltage Integration
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience preferred
Nor-Com, LLC. is an equal-opportunity employer. All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment and pre-employment drug screen.