Security Systems Design Engineer Hebron, KY
Security Systems Design Engineer
Hybrid (mix of onsite and remote) work in Hebron, KY
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Security Design Engineer will translate the functional and technical requirements provided by the customers and/or sales team, into a complete system design package. The Security Design Engineer will also serve as the technical SME for all internal teams (sales, programming, CAD, operations) throughout the project lifecycle.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviewing and understanding complex project solicitations
- Development of drawing package, List of Materials (LOM), System Acceptance Test (SAT) plan, Scope of Work (SOW), and any other specifications required to complete a project design.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant internal, customer, and industry standards, policies, and procedures
- Developing Cost Basis of Estimate (BoE), including assigning labor hour estimates, materials, travel expenses, management, etc.
- Providing technical support to Project Managers (PM), Systems Engineers, Programmers, and Technicians throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with partners and vendors to stay current on product lines, industry trends, best practices, and new technologies.
- Obtain and maintain industry and vendor certifications.
- 10% Travel Ability Nationwide
- A high level of customer centricity
- Strong work ethic
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to diverse team members.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced/high-volume environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional Critical Thinking skills
- Detail Oriented – a high level of attention to detail is required
- A high level of time management, accountability, and prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and driven to accomplish department goals
- Ability to be organized, problem-solve, and be solution-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Visio and/or AutoCAD
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated
- When working on-site, will be required to wear common protective safety equipment, such as safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 5+ years in Design/Engineering Role
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Federal Government sector experience preferred.
Nor-Com, LLC. is an equal-opportunity employer. All candidates agree to complete a selection assessment and pre-employment drug screen.