SQL Report Writer Erlanger, KY
Encore Technologies is seeking a SQL Report Writer.
Onsite 5 days a week in Erlanger, KY
• Create reports for a customer relationship management solution
• Develop and create dashboards and BI visualizations reports helping business stakeholders make informed decisions
• Utilize various utilities to develop and connect to different sources of data to develop these reports and dashboards
• Interact with the business analyst/data architect to understand requirements
• Determine and report the impact of database changes to the application systems and vice versa
• Collaborate with multiple business stakeholders to understand their business process and develop actionable metrics that help them manage and monitor their business.
• Develop efficiencies to increase the effectiveness of reporting and consolidate and maintain department reports used internally and externally
• Periodically build operational reports/ad-hoc reports as needed by business stakeholders
• Ensure reports have minimal errors by developing, correcting, and executing a comprehensive testing plan of modifications, new codes, etc.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement for receipt of data and reporting
• Thorough understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing principles, approaches, technologies, and architectures including the concepts, designs, and usage of data warehouses, data marts, and operational data stores
• Must be well-versed in SSRS and SQL (statements/stored procedures, etc.)
• Should have experience with Crystal Reports
• Must be able to create reports utilizing stored procedures as a source
• Must be proficient in SQL
• Ability to produce special ad-hoc reports quickly and effectively, as needed by business stakeholders
• Must be skilled at designing reports, business metrics from dimensional and relational models
• Hands-on experience working on BI Tools and reporting models
• Understand the relationships between business activities and application systems
• Good understanding of RDBMS principles and hands-on experience in building database objects (Oracle, SQL Server)