Sr. Linux Systems Engineer
Encore Technologies is seeking a Sr. Linux System Engineer. You will be the Linux Systems subject matter expert for the organization, leading projects involving the architecture, design, and integration of enterprise Linux solutions.
• Lead projects of the small, medium, and large sizes from inception to completion
• Lead efforts of automation including internal tooling, streamlining, and provisioning of new Linux machines whether physical or virtual
• Perform scripting such as Python, bash, etc.
• Infrastructure automation using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
• Perform configuration management using contemporary solutions
• Review and audit system logs daily
• Support networking technology (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP/UDP, etc.)
• Interface with customers to resolve system issues and access requests
• Perform system troubleshooting and escalate when appropriate
• Help coordinate and execute system updates
• Containerization using containers, Kubernetes, etc.
• Mentor more junior Linux system team members
• 8 – 10 years of related Linux experience (RHEL/CentOS)
• Strong experience with VMware provisioning virtual machines using Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
• Experience supporting Linux running Databases and other servers
• Advanced troubleshooting of Linux servers including database and web
• Experience building software modules
• Scripting experience leveraging Python, bash, etc.
• Experience with containerization utilizing containers, Kubernetes, etc.
• Solid system monitoring experience
• Advanced Linux break/fix experience
• Experience supporting networks (TCP/IP/UDP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field or equivalent hands-on experience
• Strong communication skills, (both written and verbal) and technical documentation skills