Systems Administrator Louisville, KY
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, maintain, and monitor network devices and firewalls at the corporate office and all remote locations
- Administration and support for server, wired, wireless and virtualization technologies
- Responsible for support of VOIP phone technologies at both corporate office (including call center design and troubleshooting) and remote locations.
- Design and maintain all client images (Win10) using MS Autopilot
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom, and software vendor evaluation, recommendation, and negotiations.
- Some travel is required, as determined by support or project needs.
- Mentor/cross-train team members on existing and new technologies
- Automate configuration and maintenance activities with scripts (PowerShell experience needed) and another tooling as necessary
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell with experience creating and executing scripts, and a goal of automation
- Build and maintain tools and frameworks that support deployment automation, health-check of applications, and patching/update activities
- Maintain secure environments running in Azure using industry-accepted standards (MFA, encrypted data transfer, etc.)
- Work with monitoring tools; manage access and permissions; maintain appropriate configurations; provide recommendations on system improvements
- Office 365 Licensing administration
- Office 365 user administration (Exchange Online, OneDrive, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Azure Active Directory)
- Office 365 monitoring service health, removal of user accounts, and management of service requests
- Ensure all issues are logged and documented in the Helpdesk system
- Maintain Azure AD/AD hybrid environment
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Carry out special tasks at Management’s direction
- Other duties as assigned. Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in relevant field or a comparable combination of certifications and experience.
- Basic understanding of source control/configuration management including Git; familiarity with Azure DevOps and Visual Studio Code, a plus
- Deep understanding of Cloud Computing concepts, Service Models, Deployment Models, associated tools and technologies
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Solid understanding of Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Strong technical problem-solving skills, a proactive mindset with a focus on constant improvement and follow through at all levels
- Basic understanding of concepts including Routing, Load Balancing, Redundancy, Disaster Recovery, VPN, Firewalls, etc.
- Manage server virtualization technologies
- Must understand Group Policy design and configuration
- Ability to take ownership of issues, work independently or escalate as needed, and find creative ways to resolve problems
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player